This is your opportunity to unlock your idea or vision for an innovative new concept or design which will enhance the customer experience within The University of Manchester Library.
By entering the competition you may win £1,000 in selected vouchers.
- You’re invited to come up with an innovative fresh idea which will benefit you and all our customers
- Submit your idea before the closing date on the application form (Friday 15 March 2013)
- Allow your written concept to be presented to a Library committee for them to select a short-list of final candidates
- Be prepared to showcase your idea to a specialist panel at the Eureka! event to be held on Thursday, 2 May 2013
- The first prize will be £1,000 in selected vouchers with a second prize of £250 in selected vouchers. No alternative cash prize will be available.
- The Library will commit to providing funding towards the development of the winning concept/idea (the exact sum committed will be at the sole discretion of the Library)
What sort of ideas do we want?
It’s entirely up to you – be creative, push the boundaries. Are these examples on your wish-list?
- A digital display which directs students to study space availability at any precise moment
- Interactive maps which supply data on the location of required key texts
- Oyster card technology used for photocopying, printing and library entry
- The re-modelling of study spaces or group study areas
- A new library related app for your smart phone or tablet device
- A student buddy scheme to develop Library collection awareness for international students
More details about the competition and application forms available on the Library website.