The Association for Educational Assessment (AEA-Europe) recognises that doctoral students are an important stakeholder group for the future of the Association and for the field of assessment more broadly. Cutting-edge research is often generated at this level, and doctoral students represent the future leaders of the field. Accordingly, AEA-Europe has recently launched a Doctoral Network for students and supervisors to help foster communication on research and career matters.
The aims of the network are to:
- enhance the range and quality of educational assessment research;
- facilitate links between developing researchers across Europe;
- foster a learning community, enabling exchange of research experiences and ideas;
- create a safe environment for the development of critical evaluation of assessment issues;
- seek to relate research to the policy and practice of educational assessment in Europe.
This fast-growing network is looking for new doctoral students and supervisors to join in the current conversations and activities that are driving our group ahead.
Of special importance is the upcoming Doctoral Workshop at Queens University Belfast on 9 November 2011, preceding the annual AEA-E conference. This workshop will include three sessions on Doctoral Research Highlights, Assessment Writing for Publication and future plans for the Doctoral network. More information is attached.
We hope you will share the attached documents with your colleagues and supervisees specialising in educational assessment.
To read more about the Doctoral Network, visit the AEA-Europe website www.aeaeurope.net, and our Linked-In page on: http://www.linkedin.com/e/-b26ysr-gnufcy1c-2i/vgh/3916624/